Last week we hosted our first Building Feasts Supper Club*. Here’s what I learned:
• Nothing gets an evening started like a Negroni
• It confirms my belief that sharing food is the only way to entertain - plating 30 meals would have sent me into complete apoplexy
• It is impossible to photograph and attend your own event • Make a playlist but remember to press play
• Always introduce the food so that people know what they are eating (we managed to forget that bit)
• An eclectic group of guests and a good seating plan is key
• Everyone loves a goody bag • It was an honour to collaborate with such talent. Huge thanks to Pump Street Chocolate for your insanely good chocolate, Pump Street Bakeryfor outstanding sourdough, The Flower Appreciation Society's exquisite flowers, Olivia for all your expertise, and Emma for your photos and stories.
• I could have never pulled this off without the creative brilliance and attention to detail of my partner in these projects. Thank you Jeremy
Join us for our next Supper Club, a July 4th BBQ
*For those who are not familiar with the Supper Club concept, Jeremy and I cooked for and hosted 30 people for dinner in my home. We had a wonderfully eclectic mix of diners sign up, and it was a huge thrill to see everyone mingling and the room buzzing with activity.