This dressing was originally paired with the grilled gem heart and radicchio salad, but it is basically delicious on just about any salad on these proverbial pages. A summer staple or a fantastic caesar alternative, this is also a great solution for grilled fish if you have leftovers.
- 1 garlic clove, crushed with 1 tsp salt
- 100ml buttermilk
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- juice of half a lemon
- 30ml olive oil
- a small handful of chives (5g, 1 tbsp), finely chopped
- small bunch of dill (10g, 1 tbsp) finely chopped
- a few good grinds of pepper to taste
- Mix together the crushed garlic (method as before either smooshed with the salt with the flat edge of your knife on a board or with a mortar and pestle) and all the remaining ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- Allow to sit together for a few minutes and let the flavours meld together before pouring over your desired leaves and serving.
Have you made this dish?
Let me know what you think, share your efforts and any tweaks you made to the recipe on Instagram, don’t forget to tag #BuildingFeasts or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org