This is also completely delicious to schemer all over a side of cod, hake or salmon before grilling and flaking into tortillas for fish tacos. The list goes on……….
- 200g (2 sticks) salted, softened room temperature butter
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- To make the Chili Butter:
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on the worktop with the long, straight side facing you. Heap the softened butter mixture into the centre in a rough oblong shape. Roll the side of parchment closest to you over the butter mixture, encasing it completely in the paper and roll into a sausage shape. Twist the ends like a sweetie wrapper to bring the mixture together into a tight roll. Place in the fridge to chill. Then just slice and use whenever you are ready.
Have you made this dish?
Let me know what you think, share your efforts and any tweaks you made to the recipe on Instagram, don’t forget to tag #BuildingFeasts or email me on email@example.com