This dressing is also excellent on summer slaw and grilled gem hearts or roasted butternut squash or as an alternative for the salmon caesar-ish salad.
For ease, this can be made the day before you want to use it for planning ease.
Creme Fraiche Dressing
1 garlic clove, crushed with 1 tsp maldon salt
- 100g creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- juice of half a lemon
- 60ml olive oil
- a small handful of chives, finely chopped
- small bunch of parsley and dill, finely chopped
- a few good grinds of pepper to taste
- Crush the garlic clove with the malden salt with the back of your knife until it becomes a paste.
- Place garlic in the bottom of a medium sized bowl and add the creme fraiche, wholegrain mustard, lemon juice and whisk to combine.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil until it is fully incorporated and taste for seasoning.
- Add the herbs, mix, and when the salad is ready, spoon over just before taking it to the table.
Have you made this dish?
Let me know what you think, share your efforts and any tweaks you made to the recipe on Instagram, don’t forget to tag #BuildingFeasts or email me on email@example.com