Flavoured butters are a sure fire way to jhooz up fish, meat, veg or grains. I keep a selection in my fridge or freezer to have on hand for emergency midweek meals, ready to slice and add to a dish for a flavour bomb of deliciousness.
This is a fridge basic fave……….
- 100g butter at room temperature
- 3 spring onions (scallions) roughly chopped (white and green parts)
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1 small bunch of each parsley, dill and tarragon and thinly sliced chives (you can also use coriander, basil, marjoram)
- zest of 1 lemon and the juice of half a lemon (approx 1 tbsp)
- salt and pepper
- Make the butter:
- Put all the herbs, scallions, garlic and lemon zest in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade.
- Chop all the herbs together and add the softened butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper and blitz until combined.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on the worktop with the long, straight side facing you. Heap the softened butter mixture into the centre in a rough oblong shape. Roll the side of parchment closest to you over the butter mixture, encasing it completely in the paper and roll into a sausage shape. Twist the ends like a sweetie wrapper to bring the mixture together into a tight roll. Place in the fridge to chill. Then just slice and use whenever you are ready.
Have you made this dish?
Let me know what you think, share your efforts and any tweaks you made to the recipe on Instagram, don’t forget to tag #BuildingFeasts or email me on email@example.com