The essential topping of basically any breakfast or lunch bowl, on toast, in sandwiches, simply sprinkled with salt……you name it, jammy centred soft boiled eggs make the meal. No frying pan or perfect omelette skills required, no poaching anxiety and no slightly undercooked slightly stomach churning runny whites, simply perfect yolks and firm edges. Every. Single. Time.
Put An Egg On It
- Bring a smallish pan to a good boil (proper bubbles and all please)
- Gently lower in your eggs, making sure they are fully submerged
- Cook for 7 minutes exactly.
- Refresh in a bowl of ice water and allow to cool a little
- Peel and slice and devour to your hearts content.
Note: I always use large eggs, for medium eggs, cook them for 30 seconds less and for extra large eggs they might need a full minute longer.
Have you made this dish?
Let me know what you think, share your efforts and any tweaks you made to the recipe on Instagram, don’t forget to tag #BuildingFeasts or email me on email@example.com