This is one of my all time favourite dressings. I love the sharp salty heavier dressing, especially in the cooler months when more oomph is needed to comfort us.
I love to serve this with Winter Leaves or on a gem heart salad. It’s also delicious poured over roasted root veg as a warm salad.
I like to make this dressing at least an hour before it’s needed to allow the flavours to mingle before pouring on your leaves.
Umami Anchovy Vinaigrette
- 1/2 small shallot finely chopped
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 anchovy fillets, pounded into a paste
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 120ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- Make the dressing:
- Mix the shallots together with the vinegar and lemon juice and allow to sit together while you make the salad.
- After a few minutes (or just before serving), add the remaining ingredients and mix together.
Have you made this dish?
Let me know what you think, share your efforts and any tweaks you made to the recipe on Instagram, don’t forget to tag #BuildingFeasts or email me on email@example.com